Frivilligcenter Svendborg - en del af Kontakt mellem Mennesker

 Where the magic happens


As mentioned previously, the volunteer center is the main working place of the volunteer (me). Here, a lot of things are happening and a variety of tasks await.

The main 'function', as one could say, of the volunteer center is to promote and be a help in volunteer jobs. This means, that people of all age visit or call us in search for a volunteer job in Svendborg. For that matter, we have our Vejviser, which translates to "guides". They can help those people find the perfect job for them, which could be in a lot of areas, such as children, elderly or education. 

In addition, we also offer various help for the NGOs themselves. An example for that could be fundraising or how to even become an organisation seeking for volunteers. The possibilities are nearly endless. 


The role of the volunteer is comparable to a 'cherry on top': here to help wherever help is needed. There are reocurring tasks, which one should do regularly. For me, those are printing the calender to have an overview of today's users of the Frivillighus, preparing the coffeestand to serve people coming in and the disinfection of the door handles and staircases in the whole house. I also am in charge of keeping our little kitchen clean and taking out the trashbag at the end of the week. Running small errands, like buying milk or other groceries, is also on that list.

me buying milk at the supermarket right next to my workplace


on my folder distribution - this was somewhere in Svendborg (I don't remember where)


Then, there are special tasks, which come in as the days and weeks go by. I want to give a little shoutout to Gry here, as she gave me the idea to track my tasks, or else I wouldn't know what to write for that matter. 

I will just give you a brief list of various things I have done so far:

  • preparing for meetings going on in the house
  • updating Google Contact groups
  • distribute folders in Svendborg
  • changing the soil in our plants
  • update frivilligjob.dk with all of the available volunteer jobs
  • preparing for workshops
  • tracking KMM's Facebook-updates
  • different kinds of research
  • researching, if organisations have activities in Svendborg
updating the Google Contact groups (with one of our binders)



I feel like it is important to add, that my tasks changed a lot since I have started. As my Danish started to evolve, I also answered some calls while Gry was busy. Or, when kind of everyone is busy, I would take initiative and greet people coming in, trying to help them as well as I can and offering them a cup of tea or coffee. The more Danish I was able to understand, the easer it became to work more efficiently and quickly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most probably a love letter

Introduction

Volunteering and Corona