Volunteering and Corona

 Two words that don't work well together


Of course I had to create a post dedicated to the little thing that controls all of our lives right now. 

It's a sure thing that my volunteering year here in Denmark didn't exactly take the turn I expected and wanted - I can't go to events, can't meet other volunteers, see the country and can't even work is my usual working place right now. But hey, I always tell myself at least I'm still in Denmark and not stuck in Austria. 

And yes, it can get lonely at times. There is not much to do except from working, walking, reading and seeing Kristyna from time to time. It can be hard at times, as it feels like time is running out and I cannot do all of the things I really want to do. It also can be sad at times, as there are so many people and places here in Denmark I want to visit before we part again in June/July. Sometimes it even feels like there is absolutely nothing positive about the situation we are in right now.

But then I remind myself of the, indeed, positive things going on. I go on walks a lot, enjoying nature and moving my body, feeling healthier in general. I learnt how to crochet fun things, like headbands or a sweater vest (which turned out way too large for me). Right now I am even crocheting a cape for my friend's dog. I'm spending time with my host family, which calms me and makes me feel well. I read a lot of different books and explore different genres. I talk to friends from home, but also to friends here in Denmark, as it makes me realize that I am not the only one and we're all in this together. 

Basically this whole situation is solely what you make out of it. You can be sad and angry about it, but where does it take you? Not really somewhere nice. I try to make the best out of every day and keep myself entertained, which is not a big problem now, as I got used to the lockdown. Sure, it could be a lot better, but it could also be a lot worse. Denmark is on its way back, they are already talking about slowly opening up again. 

I have my fingers crossed and will not let this madness drag me down, and neither should you!




Comments

  1. Oh dear Nati, so wise, and so bright a light you are <3 And you are right, there is not much else we can do right now, than embrase and endulge ourselves in the freedom of having time, silence and a moment to go deeper into things. Thats a rare luxury, and we should actually treasure this. Allthough we cannot go many places, see many things, we can bond. Bonds are something we can go back to, also later in life, and re-visit. Know that you are for sure allways welcome back for a stay here, so you can go and explore DK - when one day we are all free to move around again! Hugz your biggest fan, Gry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most probably a love letter

Introduction